Sunday, May 3, 2020

May 4th

SSK.1 MEASURING MASS
Mass is the amount of "stuff" in an object.
We can compare object's mass with words like heavier, lighter and almost the same.

See how the sticky notes push the scale down and the llama up?
I put the sticky notes in the heavier spot and the llama in the lighter spot.
The pencil sharpener is lighter than the Jenga block.
Hey, the cotton ball is much bigger than the Lego blocks but is the mass heavier than the Lego blocks?


No! Mass is not the same as size. That is why we used a balance scale to measure the objects to compare them.
The big cotton ball has the same mass as the smaller Lego blocks.

I can't wait to see what you find out about the mass of your objects! 
Please send me a picture or video.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Kindergarten Sept.2020

These were shared on seesaw and then I decided that I prefer this Blog for general pictures, activities and explanations. You may see us out...