Tuesday, April 7, 2020

April at Home

Please excuse the lack of formatting,  blogging on my phone from home has been a learning activity for me.

This month the whole world is staying home as much as possible. COVID-19 is shared easily and by staying home we can help stop the spread. I miss teaching you at school so much but we can keep learning together, it's just different now.
Last week I shared the story, When will it be Spring?, asked you to do a activity and share it with me. It was so much fun seeing you, your pictures and videos and reading what your parents wrote. I especially liked talking to you by video. It made me feel like we are still a class.
Texting works great to share but one student  used WhatsApp and that was great too. I could even facetime on WhatsApp or on Facebook  if it works for you.

Here are a few art ideas for you but you can do also do your own. Be sure your creations with me. I love to see you work!

 EASTER BUNNY FREEZE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=nZFRg1GucZ8
\HOP HOP LITTLE BUNNY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPaaDjhVKqk
Ten Bunnies Counting Song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tyyh8rhwKQ8
EASTER BUNNY SONG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzYplxl_RAc
IF I WERE THE EASTER BUNNY STORY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pI2Z5ZvO1gk

Shadow drawing might be a great way document some Non-Fiction research.




These 2 sheets are in the MATH duotang. The activities given with them will reinforce the concepts we have covered. Using math vocabulary like greater than/less than/the same as and add this many more, now how many are there altogether, are very important skills for next year.


Math Card Games That Will Help Students Practice Their Skills

This is just a prompt I would use to help them sort books as FICTION or NON-FICTION, a worksheet is in their duotang.
How to Play Go Fish | Play n go, Card games for kids, Card games

MEMORY - You can play this with a reduced deck Ace -5 and then build as they increase number knowledge and concentration skills or make letter cards to play with..How To Play Memory - YouTubeWar Card Game Rules | War card game, Cards, Card games
Playing card games are great fun and develop many skills.
Taking turns
The pattern of dealing or laying out cards
Winning and loosing graciously
Following instructions and rules
Recognition of numbers at a glance
Understand the value of numbers 1-10 or even 11, 12 and 13
Note - Try give the value of one to the Ace and you can start with a reduced deck. Like Ace - 5's  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Kindergarten Sept.2020

These were shared on seesaw and then I decided that I prefer this Blog for general pictures, activities and explanations. You may see us out...